So you are having a baby, or you just had a baby and your girl parts are feeling rough. Trust me when I say, grab a bottle of homemade perineum spray (or store-bought) and use it.
This article is very short. I am linking to a couple of postpartum topics and also an article on preventing vaginal tearing. There is no point in repeating it all here. But I wanted an easy-to-read short recipe for you guys.
Why I am here and who I am:
Hey mama, I am Trish— AKA Labor Nurse Mama. I am a labor and delivery nurse with over 15 years of high-risk OB experience. I am also a mama to 7 kids and have given birth to 6. This means I am quite familiar with the postpartum period and how to navigate it. I am the online birth class educator for Calm Labor Confident Birth and The VBAC Lab birth classes and the mama expert inside our Calm Mama Society, a pregnancy & postpartum membership community! I am passionate about your birth and motherhood journey! You can find me over on IG teaching over 230k mamas daily. I am passionate about your birth and motherhood journey!
We make a small commission from some of the links (you don’t pay any more for using our links); however some of the recommendations, we do not earn anything; we love ’em and want you to know about them. Click here for our full disclosure. Thank you!
- 6 Tbs witch hazel (any is fine but check out this one)
- 2 Tbs aloe vera gel (like this one )
- 2 Tbs filtered water
- 6 drops lavender (I prefer all oils like this one from young living ) This is a link to Young living. You can sign up and get a discount as a wholesale buyer. Otherwise, you can buy it retail or get a lower quality from Amazon.)
- 6 drops frankincense (you can try this one)
- 6 drops of clary sage (you can try this one)
Comment and share the hardest part of your postpartum journey or your biggest fear about it.