Pinterest SEO, like all other search engines (think Google) algorithms, is kept under lock and key. Like deep down in the vault of Neverland. However, Pinterest has given a few key insights into their preferences, which we have used to create our strategy. Our working knowledge of Pinterest SEO and personal pinning strategy has led to incredible success in such a short time.
Why I am here and who I am:
Hey mama, I am Trish— AKA Labor Nurse Mama. I am a labor and delivery nurse with over 15 years of high-risk OB experience. I am also a mama to 7 kids and have given birth to 6. This means I am quite familiar with the postpartum period and how to navigate it. I am the online birth class educator for Calm Labor Confident Birth and The VBAC Lab birth classes and the mama expert inside our Calm Mama Society, a pregnancy & postpartum membership community! I am passionate about your birth and motherhood journey! You can find me over on IG teaching over 230k mamas daily. I am passionate about your birth and motherhood journey!
We make a small commission from some of the links (you don’t pay any more for using our links); however some of the recommendations, we do not earn anything; we love ’em and want you to know about them. Click here for our full disclosure. Thank you!
The most significant difference between Google SEO and Pinterest SEO is that Pinterest is a little easier to master. I promise if you are consistent on Pinterest and purposeful you will see results. Check out our results! Do you see what happens when you have viral pins?
If you are interested in more tips on growth, sign up here. (Get a free Pinterest Content Calendar instantly!)
First, I'm sure if you are here looking for Pinterest SEO tips, then you understand SEO but just in case, here is a short description to understand it better.
Here's how it works: Google (or any search engine you're using) has a crawler that goes out and gathers information about all the content they can find on the Internet. The crawlers bring all those 1s and 0s back to the search engine to build an index. That index is then fed through an algorithm that tries to match all that data with your query. Moz.com
If you are ready to learn exactly how we have had such incredible success and are earning over 5K as a new blog, then head here and let us teach you!
What Makes One Pin Prefered Over Another?
The Pin Itself
The Pinner (That's You!)
Whether it's relevant
If you haven't created a business account, then stop what you are doing and do it now. Your domain is key. It should be a platform that is recognized and respected. Girl, I hate to say it, but if you want to make money from your blog then leave WIX or Blogger now and get onto a more trusted platform. Not only does your domain matter with Pinterest itself, but also with pinners and brands. Brands do not take WIX seriously. You will never see a prominent blogger on a platform like WIX. I am not knocking you if your blog is a hobby. But if you want to make over 5k like we did last month, then move your platform pronto. We use and LOVE Bluehost. They have been incredibly patient and helpful when needs arise. (read this if you need some help!) After converting to a business account, you have to claim your website. Claiming your website is to Pinterest as being verified is to Instagram. It means your legit! After claiming your website, you can then enable rich pins.
Oh, my Stars. The Pins. A Good Pin is worth a million views. Seriously! You have rich pins now! That is a start. But it doesn't stop there. Your pins have to be above and beyond. Like on point!
I can teach you my exact method for making viral pins weekly! Head here for the deets! (Launch week only get 40% off, sign up above to get the discount code)
- Size does matter: Pinterest has over and over repeated that they want pins that are tall but not too wide. A pin in the proper size will receive preference over a longer pin or a wider pin. I typically do 2:3 sized pins in different sizes to see which perform better. The good ‘ole 600x900px or 735x1102px pins usually wins the race.
- Image quality is KEY. Do not use a blurry picture or a dark picture. Pinners also prefer no face. I know, it's weird but true. Crop those faces out.
- Text Overlay. Use bold, clear fonts in a large size. Put Pinterest SEO keywords at the top. (Your logo or website at the bottom)
- The Description – use keywords (SEO) in the description of your pin. Also, use relevant hashtags, which can also act like Pinterest SEO.
- The Title and content – Again, think SEO keywords! Don't go, cutesy! Get them clicking! I use this headline analyzer to find the perfect title for post and pins!
- The Board – Pin your pins to relevant boards. This communicates to Pinterest. The pin picks us the boards data (aka SEO, keywords…make sure your board descriptions are full of them) and carries it for its little old life! The more Pinterest knows about this pin, the better it can place it in feeds where it will gain traction.
Yep, that's you! Why do you matter on Pinterest? How do you matter on Pinterest, and what does that have to do with Pinterest SEO?
- Consistency matters on Pinterest. Do not think pinning 200 pins every Sunday will be beneficial. Unless you are using a scheduler like Tailwind, then this won't be a winning strategy. You should be pinning daily and consistently. Pinterest wants to see that you are a user, not just a content creator.
- Pin your content and high-quality pins from others. Show the love people! Don't pin pins that aren't 2:3 or that lead to a dead link. No good at all!
- Create pins that are shared and saved; this will increase your importance on the platform. Increase your influence, then you are like a piece of Pinterest SEO!
- Implement a Follower strategy. Being engaged and present on the platform increases your chances of growing a following. Only participate in a follow train (facebook group thread) if it's your niche. For instance, I am in the parenting niche. I wouldn't want to be in a follow train on a Lifestyle Influencer group (Unless it was a Mom Lifestyle Influencer group). They don't care about breastfeeding tips or the Golden hour after birth.
Let me show you my exact winning method and how I gain about 100-150 new followers weekly. All this and more, like how to make 5k monthly in blog income this year! Don't forget to grab the coupon code above for 40% off this week!
SEO on Pinterest
OK, this is the nugget you have been waiting for. Now that you claimed your site, your pins are rich, and you are a smart pinner, what's next?
Easy, your pins and your boards have to communicate between one another and to Pinterest. They do this in 6 important ways!
- The image quality
- Pinterest SEO and Keywords in Title
- Rich Pin status
- Clear SEO text
- Keywords from Post (by being a rich pin)
- Pinterest Seo filled Pin Descriptions
Many Bloggers are landing in Pinterest Jail and getting their accounts closed. HOLY SMOKES, I would DIE!!! Honestly, no one knows precisely what is happening to make that happen. It's disturbing and frightening all at once. So my biggest tip is to be just as mindful, actually more purposeful, of SEO for Google. In the long run, none of us can depend on other platforms for our traffic. So, as much as I LOVE PINTEREST, I say create a solid foundation for your blog. Don't forget to get your free content planning calendar. Increase those blog views organically girl! Now's the time to invest in this business of yours. I can teach you how I have been so successful. 30-day money back guarantee if you implement my Pinterest strategies and don't see some growth!
What questions do you have? Ask them below!
CHECK OUT THE POST IN THE IMAGE: Insanely Simple Review of Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing