Birth Mantras? Why you ask. That’s a great question mama! Your thoughts or rather your mindset AFFECTS your pregnancy, labor, and therefore, your birth.
What you think about your surrounding, your body, and your ability matters more than you could imagine.
Also, this post may contain some affiliate links (which means if you purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission, but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here for our full disclosure. Thank you!
What is a Birth Mantra?
A mantra is a sacred word or phrase believed to have a special power to focus the mind. The Birth mantra is thought or repeated out loud over and over.
You use your birth mantras to reach the goal of changing your mindset and therefore changing your birth experience.
In Birth, Birth mantas, are used the same way one might use them in Yoga or relaxation states. It serves the same purpose of refocusing your attention on the ability of your body rather than the external distractions.
Which Mantras Should I Use?
But the trick is to find the words that work with YOU and turn them into your birth mantras.
It may take time to find the best birth mantras or birth affirmations that work best for you. You may need to test them out as you practice relaxation and distraction. If you recite them and create a sense of peace now than for instance when you are in the transition stage of labor, it is more beneficial.
How do You Discover the Best Birth Mantras for You?
Let’s explore a few key questions.
- What are your Birth Fears?
- What are my beliefs about my body and its capability?
- What brings me peace?
- How have I overcome other hardships in my life?
Examples of Birth Mantras
- I can do it
- I am a rock star
- I am capable
- I am excited about giving birth
- I am making informed powerful decisions
- Bring on Labor
- I trust my body
- I trust my instincts
- I’m ready to give birth
- My body was made for this baby
- This baby was made for my body
- My contractions give me strength
- My baby will fit
- I let MY body set the pace for my labor and birth
- I welcome each strong wave, surge, contraction (whatever you choose to call contractions)
- My baby is moving down into the perfect position
- I am strong
- My body is Strong
- Down and Out
- I am safe
- My cervix is opening
- I surrender to the power of my body
- I release all fear
- My pelvis is opening wide for my baby
- Each contraction is my friend
- My body knows it’s job
- I have grown my baby, I will birth my body
- I surrender to this experience
- I welcome my baby in peace and joy
Remember your birth mantras or birth affirmations are meant to calm you, to empower you, and to help you reprogram your mindset. Whether you are preparing for an unmedicated birth or not, I want you to have the belief in your body and ability as I do. I KNOW YOU CAN DO It!
Be sure to follow me over on Instagram for Knowledge that empowers you for birth and beyond!
I know you are a rock star birth goddess. (If you want to dress like one in labor, check out this gown)